At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Real Estate Representative or Below #37136
Puget Sound Energy’s Real Estate Department is looking for a Senior Real Estate Representative or below, depending on qualifications, to join our team! The Senior Real Estate Representative independently manages real estate activities on the most complex company-generated and New Customer Construction (NCC) projects, including acquisition, management and disposal of right-of-way and real property. This position uses public and company records to research and determine ownership, operating rights, and other real property issues. An important aspect of this role is the preparation of legal descriptions, appraisal reports, correspondence and complex real estate documents (i.e. easements, deeds, leases, permits, consent agreements, etc.). The ideal candidate negotiates, obtains, interprets and defends PSE’s operating rights on public/private property and company fee-owned property.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Independently coordinates real estate activities with PSE’s service providers and project teams.
- Prepares, reviews documents and correspondence for all real estate activities.
- Performs research and analysis of public and company records, and conducts field inspections.
- Prepares, orders, reviews and interprets complex appraisal reports.
- Reads, creates and interprets real property legal descriptions.
- Negotiates with landowners, attorneys, etc. to acquire/dispose of operating rights for PSE, including easements, permits, licenses, franchises (i.e. WSDOT), and consents.
- Represents PSE’s interest with customers and governmental agencies.
- Manages company rights-of-way and property rights.
- Responds to internal and external customer real estate inquiries.
- Provides cost estimates for project budgeting purposes.
- Coordinates contractor/vendor real estate activities including surveying, mapping, title, appraisal, negotiation, legal and brokerage services.
- Resolves encroachments and other legal challenges involving PSE’s real estate interests.
- When necessary, participates with PSE’s legal counsel in litigation processes, including condemnation.
- Prepares, issues, and renews Limited Use Permits/Consent Agreements.
- Informally provides a leadership and training role within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and valid driver’s license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer and software skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of appraisal, engineering, law and negotiations principles/terms.
- Experience and demonstrated skills with real property legal descriptions, appraisals, title research, and engineering drawing interpretation.
- Experience with Gas and Electric Utility systems.
- Strong negotiation skills with proven track record of successful acquisition work on complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and handle real estate legal actions initiated by or against PSE.
- Successful completion of IRWA courses 100, 201, 401, and 902 or equivalent.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Office products.
- Experience with SAP or other relational databases.
- Strong customer service skills.
This position will be filled a Senior Real Estate Representative, Real Estate Representative or Associate Real Estate Representative depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...