Under supervision, to plan, organize, and supervise all recreational activities for a program, and to do related work as required.
JOB DESCRIPTION : Senior Recreation Leaders are responsible for the overall promotion, organization, and leadership of recreation programs. Typical activities include, but are not limited to arts, crafts, sports, games, trips, contests, and special events. The Senior Leader may supervise Recreation Leaders and volunteers and ensure that the assigned program meets the needs and interests of the participants while also maintaining good relations with staff, parents, neighbors, and other concerned groups.
QUALIFICATIONS : College-level courses in environmental education and/or recreation are desirable. The Senior Leader must have knowledge of safety precautions, the ability to supervise staff and maintain discipline with program participants, prepare clear and accurate reports. The Senior Recreation Leader must be able to manage time effectively, show work initiative, and work independently.
HOW TO APPLY
- Must have a high school diploma/ GED
- 500 hours of work experience such as: recreational camp, youth/teens, daycare setting, environmental/educational classes
- A valid California Driver's License
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified (Certification and re-certification courses will be offered to new employees during staff in-service training week)
- Must be able to provide transportation to and from work
Apply online via CalOpps by selecting the "Apply Online Now" link below. Hardcopy applications, including the supplemental questionnaire form , will also be accepted and must be typewritten or handwritten in black ink. Forms may be picked up at and returned to the following offices:
Cupertino Parks and Recreation Dept.
10185 N. Stelling Rd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino City Hall
10300 Torre Ave., Cupertino, CA 95014
OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
City of Cupertino, CA - 11 months ago