For more information about TIAA-CREF,
visit our website
Leads staff in strengthening the company's overall relationship with key decision making staff and/or gatekeepers at client institutions. Coordinates all aspects of strategic alliances, senior management relationships, revenue sharing programs, and investment capability, and investment performance discussions. Serves as the primary contact for the largest accounts. Coordinates marketing, sales, service support, and, in some instances, investment-related activities for assigned accounts. Significant participation on key initiatives and task forces across the company. Discerns, develops and drives client strategy for meeting goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key influencers/decision makers (presidents and CFO's) at institutions. Utilizes strong conflict resolution skills to maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrated success in all phases of the sales cycle, including a consistent ability to uncover new opportunities and closing the sale.
- Strong knowledge of all TIAA-CREF product and services including Endowments, Planned Giving, TCAM, Kaspick, Trust Services, and Fiduciary Services etc.
- Engage internal business partners to fulfill client objectives and achieve individual, team and corporate scorecard results.
Possess excellent presentations skills.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Participation on corporate wide initiatives.
- Developed ability to think and act strategically with goal based, measurable outcomes
- Fully responsible and accountable for all account management activities.
- Experienced consultative sales and relationship management professional
- Assigned to moderately complex book of business
- Identifies and provides input into new initiatives process/workflow improvements and program/policy changes.
- The role is crucial to ensure that all initiatives are executed effectively, efficiently on a timely basis.
- Assignments require some independent judgment, analysis and initiative in order to resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Generates and implements creative or unique solutions to solve problems.
- Balances multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Suggests new products/services to product management and marketing.
- Travel Required estimated at 50%
- Typically assigned to maintain and enhance relationships with the decision makers at mid-to large plan sponsors.
- Some interaction with Executive level Management team members coordinated through IR senior management
- May represent TIAA at outside groups and associations with some oversight
- Requires strong conflict resolution skills to maintain client relationships.
- Comfortable working directly with outside investment consultants hired by client institutions
- 10 or more years of institutional consultative sales and client relationship management experience
- Proven sales track record with TIAA CREF , or other not-for-profit or profit clients
- Demonstrated experience managing senior level/key relationships at client institutions
- In depth knowledge of financial products/services and the features/benefits of TIAA-CREF products and services.
- Complete understanding of all IRA, 403(b), 401(a)/(k), 457(b) and (f) defined contribution plan technical rules, including nondiscrimination rules and ERISA requirements. Working knowledge of defined benefit plans.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are
making a difference
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience; Master’s in Business or Finance preferred
- Requires NASD Series 6 (or 7) and 63 registrations
- May require insurance agent licensing, where needed
- Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- May attain additional industry certifications and designations (CEBS, etc.)
TIAA-CREF - 16 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...