As part of the Reliability/Fleet Performance Department, following the In-Flight Entertainment Customer Support Services Policy, the position holder is to work to support the ATA Spec 2000 Data Methodologies to produce Monthly LRU Device Reports. This candidate will report the division and Customers when appropriate the MTBF, MTBUR status of hardware manufactured for the Thales fleet. This person will have the responsibility to oversee Data Analysts in the group to help with the Data collection and aggregation from of the Thales Repair Centers. The position will also support the daily support of Fleet Master and the ISEDIS BOM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. List the job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Include all important aspects of the job -- whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular intervals. (Continue this list on another sheet if necessary.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.:
- To adopt statistical methods to Support ISEDIS and other tools and applications for LRU Device reporting.
- To support the CSS MRB group with data and reports necessary to cover TKM problems and issues.
- To maintain the various at panels for the monthly customer reports and develop reports of all types.
- To keep abreast of all SPEC2000 Data reporting principles.
- Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures to evaluate key data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency and accuracy. To also then make decisions to help to establish quality targets and then control limits to any product or system.
- Examine and then inject probability theories and rules of inference of mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical Data. Indentify relationships and trends in data and help indentify the causes that have effect to the end results.
- Report back results using graphic analysis in the forms of graphs, control charts and tables.
- To be familiar with computers and the applications necessary to generate any type chart, graph or report.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Irvine, California-based manufacturer of In-Flight Entertainment systems. The company has nearly 60 world airlines and as customers as well as Boeing and Airbus, the airframe manufacturers. Our products and service offerings is an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after each flight. For 2013, the future looks bright.
“Make it Brilliant” is our mantra, which reflects our passion to be the BEST. We are a bunch of hardworking people that care about customer partnerships and continually introduce new innovation that inspires. We always push the envelope!
Our parent company, Thales Group, is a global leader in aerospace. Our products and systems are everywhere on aircraft and in airports.
Visit our website at http://www.thales-ifs.com and www.thalesgroup.com
Thales Avionics Inc. – IFS offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, Basic Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Business Travel Accident Insurance, International Medical Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts and an Educational Assistance Program, just to name a few of the offerings.
Thales Avionics is a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We conduct pre-employment drug testing.
No unsolicited or mailed in resumes will be accepted.
Thales - 13 months ago
MTS IV, Hardware
PABU Panasonic Avionics BU
Lake Forest, CA
- 30+ days ago