Function: Trait Research
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Senior Research Scientist1- Molecular Biochemist
Job ID: 3048
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: *Expert of mode of action of insecticidal proteins
- This position will mainly support mode of action studies of insecticidal traits for global biostress trait research and development.
- To work on multiple tasks in support of project goals.
- To be a responsible team member who diligently works to deliver group objectives.
- A bench scientist who can conduct experiments independently and professionally
- To provide up-to-date biotech knowledge and technical support for biostress trait characterization
- To deliver technical objectives timely in a team environment.
- Join troubleshooting activities for scientific challenges.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: *Must be able to work proficiently in a team-based, project-focused, and changing environment.
- Strong protein biochemistry lab skills
- A strong interest in and knowledge of agricultural biotechnology is necessary in addition to accomplishments in all aspects of transgenic work
- PhD degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related areas
- Microbial proteinaceous toxins and their receptors
- Strong knowledge in protein biochemistry, especially in ligand and receptor interactions
- Knowledge in insecticidal proteins and insect physiology
- Characterization of mode of action of microbial toxin proteins
- Protein production and purification
- Relevant laboratory experience working with bacteria, yeast, insect and/or plant cells
- Experience of quality management system, collaboration management, and/or skill of handling and dissecting insects is a plus
- Toxin/receptor ligand blot analysis and toxin competition binding assay
- Characterization of toxin and receptor interactions
- Characterization of pores formed in membranes
- Strong protein biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology-related skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Communicates with impact
- Has solid integrated trait knowledge and solutions for the future biotechnology.
- Has a can-do attitude.
- Enjoys solving technical challenges.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum travel
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Syngenta - 24 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...