NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a qualified Senior Research Analyst to support the Health Care Department. This position is responsible for playing a leadership role on complex operational tasks on several federal projects on new initiatives related to the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Activities will include researching, formalizing and helping implement processes to be followed by states and health plans participating in new initiatives, supporting the review of documents created by health plans and providers, and supporting the delivery of technical assistance to states and other Medicaid stakeholders.
This position may also be responsible for providing research project support and task leadership on studies of moderate to high complexity. These responsibilities may include questionnaire design, specialized data collection procedures such as ethnographic, historical, or records synthesis, data editing and management, statistical analysis, and report and paper writing.
- Help lead operations and management-related tasks for new Medicaid initiatives
- Serve as task leader or provides support on work involving project design, data collection, data processing, analysis and report or paper writing on assignments of moderate to high complexity
- Prepare literature reviews, written descriptions of data collection methodologies and procedures, assists in design of questionnaires and data collection forms
- Develop data charts and tables for presentations and contribute to presentations at professional and client meetings
- Preparation and drafting of deliverables, including monthly or annual progress reports, documentation, questionnaires, and OMB clearance packages
- Assist with overall analysis on specific items of survey or research analysis
- Develop project materials, including reports, analytical evaluations, graphics and exhibits, as service as report editor
- Under the direction of senior staff, support the development of new business by conducting background research on programs, monitoring databases such as Grants.gov and FBO.gov, and tracking relevant legislation, regulation, and budgetary processes
- May assist with business development activities by drafting subsections of proposals, compiling data, and drafting charts or exhibits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Graduate level understanding of public policy and federal health care programs such as Medicaid
- Strong interest in new initiatives related to Medicaid and other federal health care programs
- Strong problem solving, project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 3 years’ experience in positions of increasing responsibility in survey research or related field (or equivalent education)
- Solid technical writing skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software
- Occasional travel for site visits and meetings
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 17 months ago