ORC International seeks an ambitious, intellectually curious Research Analyst (RA) to join the New York- based Financial Services team, supporting the world’s leading brands in banking, payments, cards, and insurance. The team is responsible for, designing, implementing, and delivering original research to ORC’s Financial Services clients as well as team-based developing business and relationships with key clients.
The Research Analyst works in a very dynamic, fast-paced team to solve business problems for ORC’s clients. The team analyzes current trends, innovation, and advanced competitive intelligence in emerging issues like the impact of mobile pay, brand differentiation, and customer experience, although issues vary by client and over time.
The analyst should have a minimum record of three (3) years in market research and intelligence. They should be trained in secondary research and business intelligence, and be able to synthesize multiple sources of information and write succinct, client-ready narrative reports and PowerPoint presentations under pressure. The analyst should have either have experience in client relationship management, or have the capacity to evolve into a client-facing analyst.
Knowledge of finance per se, such as financial modeling, is not required for this position. An interest in the future and direction of global financial services is helpful. ORC will train the analyst in any necessary industry-specific knowledge. Ambitious, bright researchers with experience in other industries and from a variety of background are encouraged to apply.
The essential skills for this position are:
· Experience in secondary and qualitative research techniques
· The ability to drive analysis and insight from multiple sources (including secondary, qualitative and quantitative)
· Compose reports and presentations
· Intellectual discipline and creativity
· Experience or the potential to interface with clients.
The RA will support the broader Financial Services team of approximately 30 members in designing, implementing, and completing research as directed, which consists of:
· Develop and execute research strategies based on project needs
· Advanced Boolean searching experience on databases like Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, and Thomson-Reuters
· The ability to analyze those findings into insightful, forward-looking reports and presentations
· Superlative writing skills in narrative and PowerPoint. Copy-editing experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities :
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Has experience with secondary and qualitative research technique on databases like Factiva, Nexis, Thomson Reuters, etc.
- Can produce client-ready reports and decks
- Works well independently and as part of a closely-knit team
- Works well with little or a lot of direction
- Can execute on multiple engagements without compromising quality or missing deadlines
- Connects research to real world business challenges
- Experience, interest, and potential to interface directly with clients
- Professional, disciplined self-starter
- Takes initiative to solve problems
ORC International offers an attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits. At ORC International, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of finance is not required.
We hope you make the decision to join us by sending your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to us at https://careers-orc.icims.com
ORC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V.
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...