The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst (SRA/RA) for an exempt, one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment in its Director General’s Office. The SRA/RA will assist in the preparation of research and outreach publications and presentations related to food security, agricultural and rural development, and poverty reduction issues. The SRA/RA will also be assigned other duties as needed and work in close collaboration with the Director General, senior staff, and other staff as appropriate. This position is located at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC. Final title and grade will be based on experience.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct literature reviews and synthesis;
• Assist in the preparation of reports, papers, policy briefs, journal articles, presentations, speeches, and other communication materials;
• Conduct quantitative analysis;
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Development, International Relations, Public Policy, or a closely related field.
• At the Research Analyst level, substantial (2-3) years of post-Master’s experience in relevant work.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research and perform quantitative analysis.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
• Familiarity with food security, agricultural and rural development, and poverty reduction issues in developing countries.
• Strong background in applied economics.