The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst (SRA/RA) for a one-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment to support its West and Central Africa Office (WCAO). The SRA/RA will work with the Director for Africa and other Office staff on the Country Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System project, and perform other research support activities in the Office. This position is located at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC, but may involve travel to countries where IFPRI carries out its research. Final title and grade will be determined based on experience.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform various tasks involving data collection, data maintenance, data analysis, statistical analysis, and econometric analysis.
- Conduct literature review and synthesis.
- Assist in the preparation and editing of discussion papers, policy notes, donor reports, project briefs, presentations, etc.
- Assist in organizing workshops and conferences.
- Assist with responses for internal/external data and information requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
o At the Research Analyst level, a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant post-Masters work experience is required.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Development, or a closely related field.
- Excellent econometric skills and demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results.
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
- Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and editing skills.
- Experience using major statistical software packages such as STATA or SAS.
- Familiarity with food security, agricultural and rural development, and poverty reduction issues in developing countries and particularly Africa.
- Strong background in applied economics.
- Fluency in French.