The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst (SRA/RA) for a one year, exempt, fixed-term, renewable appointment for its Development Strategy and Governance (DSG) Division. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C. Final title and grade will be determined based on experience.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform various tasks involving data collection, data cleaning and maintenance, and data analysis using statistical software, GAMS and other computer programs.
• Work intensively on the data of national household surveys, agricultural surveys, industrial surveys, and trade data for developing countries.
• Work with senior research staff on country case studies with a focus on household/farm behavior analysis, or linking with various modeling methodologies, including agricultural models and regional/economy wide models.
• Perform literature review and synthesis.
• Assist in the preparation of discussion papers, donors’ reports, project briefs and briefing notes for dissemination.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Applied Mathematics or related field.
o At the Research Analyst level, at least 2-3 years of relevant post-Master’s work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time.
• Strong English writing and verbal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct literature reviews, synthesize research findings and draft policy briefs.
• Familiarity with statistical software and other computer programing packages.
• Substantial skill using Excel spread sheets for large and complicated datasets.
• Familiarity with data management, processing, and analysis.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit.
• Experience with simulation models, especially with computable general equilibrium models and social accounting matrices.
• Experience with data cleaning and analysis of large size household/farmer or other micro surveys using statistical software packages such as STATA or SAS.
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) - 18 months ago