The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst for a one-year appointment for its Environment Production Technology (EPT) Division. The position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC, and is a one-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment. Final title and grade will be based on education and experience.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform various tasks involving data collection, data cleaning and maintenance, and data analysis using statistical software and other computer programs.
- Work intensively on data from household surveys, agricultural surveys, and secondary data relating to topics including: agricultural production; technology adoption; natural resource management; household wealth/assets; household income, expenditure, and poverty; and gender.
- Work with senior research staff on studies relating to the adoption of resource-conserving and productivity-enhancing agricultural technologies, primarily in South Asia and Eastern Africa, using quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- With guidance from senior research staff, and in relation to the topics described above:
- prepare literature compilations, annotated bibliographies, literature reviews, and scholarly syntheses;
- assist in the preparation of discussion papers, project reports, and conference presentations; and
- test economic hypothesis with the use of statistical and econometric tools of analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Public Policy, or related field.
- At the Research Analyst level, a Master’s degree and minimum 2-3 years’ relevant post-Master’s experience is required.
- Excellent STATA programming skills and extensive experience with data cleaning, management and analysis of large and complex household-, farm-, and other micro-level surveys.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex tasks and produce completed products on time.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature reviews and synthesize research findings.
- Extensive experience using Excel for data management, graphing, and other functions.
- Strong English writing and verbal skills.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive approach to work, and a team-oriented spirit.
- Experience with Access, VBA
- Experience with data entry and CAPI software packages (CSPro, Surveybe, Epi Info, etc)
- Experience with R
- Experience with SPSS
- Knowledge of econometrics
- Experience in developing countries
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) - 17 months ago