NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a qualified Senior Research Scientist for the Economics, Labor and Population Studies Department. The Research Scientist will direct research projects and manage the activities of research assistants, analysts and other staff.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Develop structured interview protocols
- Contribute to questionnaire content and design
- Lead stakeholder interviews
- Design research studies in collaboration with other staff, independently drafting and managing contract proposals and grant applications, communicating effectively with clients, consultants, and members of the research community
- Gather and assess intelligence on upcoming research opportunities
- Monitor and oversee the financial and administrative aspects of ongoing projects
- Bachelors' in social or behavioral sciences, Masters' or Doctoral degree in Economics preferred
- Experience with the design and execution of social science research and in publishing research results, with a strong career-appropriate record of peer-reviewed technical publications
- Business development experience strongly preferred, e.g. proposal development and grant preparation
- A background in economics, workforce development, employment and training, TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) is required, as well as experience doing business development especially responding to RFIs and RFPs by writing and managing proposals
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 24 months ago