NORC at the University of Chicago seeks qualified Senior Research Scientists in Bethesda, Maryland to primarily direct program and policy projects related to Medicare, including projects involving policy analysis, focus groups, literature reviews, structured interviews with health care providers and patients and quantitative analysis related to the Medicare program.
- Provide consultative policy analysis and operational and technical support for federal clients focused on Medicare and other health care financing programs
- Design and conduct quantitative and qualitative research studies and analyses, develop structured interview protocols and content, and lead stakeholder interviews
- Independently draft and manage contract proposals and grant applications, communicating effectively with clients, consultants, and members of the policy and research community
- Participate in and contribute to internal discussions and strategic thinking concerning future research opportunities and the implications of ongoing policy-making for NORC
- Manage contracts and work closely with clients to ensure that contractual requirements (deliverables and timelines) and client expectations are met using the highest standards of quality and collegiality
- Manage multiple project teams of senior, mid-level, and junior staff, and bring in experts as needed, to meet client expectations and contractual requirements
- Monitor and oversee the financial and administrative aspects of ongoing projects
- Master or Doctoral degree in public policy or related fields (training in an array of social science disciplines will be considered)
- Knowledge of the Medicare program, including provider payment, access to care and beneficiary experience
- Experience working for the federal government or a federal contractor, ideally with work focusing on the Medicare program.
- Experience with conducting policy analysis in a government or professional services environment
- Experience with and knowledge of the principles of quantitative and qualitative research design, data collection, and data analysis
- Experience with estimating project and proposal costs and managing project budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and aptitude in leading and working with project teams, coordinating multiple projects (including those run by others within NORC)
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 18 months ago