Senior Researcher – Advanced Propulsion Manufacturing Research-RES0000250
General Purpose of Job:
Plan and execute collaborative scientific or engineering research, generating new knowledge and innovative technology for application in manufacturing systems and processes, specifically related to advanced propulsion (battery and fuel cell) manufacturing including process monitoring and control.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and/or lead internal/external global technical teams and execute technical assignments independently.
- Generate innovative ideas, suggest new project areas and establish/execute detailed technical plans.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and technical developments affecting areas of responsibility.
- Communicate results internally and externally through timely, high-quality presentations, reports and publications.
- Develop corporate contacts and represent GM effectively to the external technical community.
Summary of Job Requirements:
- Thorough understanding and in depth knowledge of scientific principles and state of the art research methodologies related to:
- Manufacturing process development (continuous or discrete);
- Monitoring and control sensor technology;
- Decision analysis and control algorithms related to manufacturing processes; and
- Familiarity with state of the art analytical tools and experimental techniques; ability to develop new methodologies as warranted by research needs.
- PhD from top-tier research institution in science/engineering disciplines (required; electrical/mechanical/chemical engineering; applied math/physics) or equivalent experience
- Advanced training in theoretical manufacturing sciences/engineering; process & equipment controls; statistical methods; decision analysis & control; advanced materials processing related to mixed material product systems.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication methods to work effectively with GM internal and external customers, including executive management.
- Strong project management skills, especially for projects with high technical risk.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise with a high level of analytical ability and creativity.
- Adaptability to working with multiple projects and in different technical areas.
- No external certification required.
- Exceptional candidates with Master’s degree(s) or equivalent experience and extensive industrial research/development experience will be considered.
Location: Warren, MI.
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date : Jan 31, 2013, 9:46:57 AM - Ongoing
Job: Research and Development
General Motors - 18 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...