This position is for a Senior Rotordynamics Engineer who will be part of the Rotordynamics team in the Center of Technical Excellence to provide the technical expertise for rotordynamic design, analysis, and troubleshooting of D-R Products. The position reports to the manager of the rotordynamics team and is located in Olean, NY.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years experience in rotordynamics design and evaluation of industrial turbomachinery
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization and with clients.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize work.
- Must have good interpersonal and presentation skills for use in working with customers, Sales, Test, Service and other Engineering personnel, as well as desire to establish/maintain credibility among both customers and those in the worldwide technical community.
- MSME Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- The establishment and maintenance of rules governing the rotordynamic acceptability of unit designs, the correction of rotordynamic deficiencies exhibited by existing designs, and use of technical expertise during customers interaction describing rotordynamic superiority of both design and analysis procedures, and the resulting unit designs. This includes any necessary role in establishing the functional capabilities of software used to predict rotor characteristics. Other duties include maintaining the capability to provide technical support for new designs, participation in Development Projects requiring Rotordynamics expertise, and providing consultation and support of Test or Field vibration problems.
- Duties include rotordynamic design, analysis, and troubleshooting of centrifugal gas compressors, gas and steam turbines and vendor purchased machinery (motors, gears, etc.).
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Dresser-Rand - 11 months ago
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...