WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Able to troubleshoot complex switching/routing issues
- Able to troubleshoot Taclane connectivity issues (both Ciphertext to Ciphertext and Plaintext to Plaintext) to include Security Association issues with Taclanes via GEM Management stations
- Able to troubleshoot Network Security issues to and through McAfee Firewalls and Cisco ASAs. Be able to
troubleshoot WAN-side issues over the various black-side service providers (i.e. DTSPO, VSAT, CAN, and other IC providers
- Able to troubleshoot perceived 'network' issues through all seven layers of the OSI stack to identify root cause analysis of problem and direct actual Service Queue Managers of the problems to resolve
- Working knowledge of EIGRP, BGP and MPLS required
- Able to troubleshoot VOIP/CUCM connectivity/operation issues for end users and be able to troubleshoot VTC/TMS MCU connectivity/operation issues for end users. Thoroughly adept at operating and running CUCM and TMS Services in an Enterprise environment
- Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in installation and support of network telecommunications, including expert knowledge of network security
- Within the last five (5) years, work experience which demonstrates a thorough understanding of the principles, theories, methods, and techniques pertaining to both software (IOS’s) and hardware in Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience shall include knowledge of: LAN (WAN, VLANs, and VoIP; RIP or OSPF or AAA/TACACS or EIGRP; and Cisco, Juniper Router, and any VTC system that is SIP and H323 Compliant (e.g. Ericsson, Tandberg, Polycom). Firewalls and Security related products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university is desired
- CCNP or CCVP Certified (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months after hired)