Agilex is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our Justice & Homeland sector on a rapidly growing Agile Development Program! This is an opportunity to apply your java skills to a cutting edge implementation that is changing the way the government delivers solutions.
- Performs application design and development principally oriented towards the creation of rule-based (or "knowledge-based") expert systems.
- Performs requirements specification and knowledge-engineering tasks in order to determine and document functional requirements of rule-based systems.
- Integrates rule-based applications with Legacy Databases, commercial off-the-shelf software products such as IBM, Oracle, and other existing IT Systems.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of J2EE/Java and Oracle database development to troubleshoot technical issues (error messages, bugs with the software, availability)
- Enforce rule-based application development standards and best practices.
- Proactively communicates with the development, QA team and management team.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle.
2011 National Capital Business Ethics Award Winner (Medium Company Category
- 10 years experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions using J2EE or related technologies, and a Master's degree in related field or (15) years total experience and a Bachelor's degree in related field
- 8-10 years experience with multiple programming technologies, specifically Java, JEE, XML/XSLT/WSDL, Spring, Hibernate, and Web Services
- 3-5 years experience with an Open Source Rules Engine such as Drools
- 3-5 years experience with developing enterprise applications using Business Rules Engines.
- 2-5 years experience with a BPM tool such as JBPM
- 3-5 years experience in database development using Oracle or SQL Server database technologies
- 2-3 years experience with Scrum, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, User Acceptance Testing
- Hands-on experience developing message-oriented integration solutions with Java
- Key technology experience in areas such as J2EE, XML, Web Services and SOA
- Experience in Oracle Weblogic Application Server and IBM WebSphere Application Server desired
- Expert in using and managing change management tools, Subversion, TortoiseSVN
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
- Good understanding of enterprise architectural patterns including J2EE design patterns
- Good inter-personal, oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using UML and Java.
- US Citizenship and Public Trust Suitability
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
Agilex - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Agilex has quickly established itself as one of our industry’s most innovative and successful firms. We are known for tackling...