Rimini Street Inc., the leading provider of third-party support for enterprise application software, seeks a Senior SAP Support Engineer – Europe / Latin America .
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team-oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way!
The role of the Senior SAP Support Engineer is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical SAP applications as part of our global customer support team. The position has the responsibility for researching, troubleshooting and supporting of multiple SAP modules for our global clients who use both 4.x and ECC environments. The role of the Senior SAP Engineer requires the expertise and skills to diagnose serious issues; then develop, test, package and deliver fixes for such issues in complex, integrated and highly-configured environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of SAP applications functionality and technology.
- Work closely with customers on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high quality customer experience
- Provide remote-based functional support & training for multiple SAP modules.
- Support client customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice.
- Develop application break fixes for critical product defects.
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data issues.
- Manage onr or more key assigned accounts as a technical/functional advisor.
- Provide hands-on assistance using proprietary tools in a test environment or via remote client connectivity.
- Contribute to the support service which is running 24x7x365, this will involve some after-hours work and monitoring email regularly outside standard business hours
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations.
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience.
Other job related duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years relevant SAP experience particularly with ABAP, Java, Business Objects, and SAP Product Integration (PI) modules
- Demonstrable ability to debug ABAP and Java issues where source code is poorly written and/or designed
- Demonstrable ability to create high quality Java and ABAP code from scratch; following client, industry and/or SAP frameworks/methodology on schedule
- 5+ years direct support of application end-users in a Corporate environment
- A track record of successful roles in several SAP implementation or upgrade projects
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of supporting business processes
- Analytical, logical problem resolution skills
- SAP certification(s) preferred
- Knowledge of localizations: architecture, implementation and key functionality
- Expertise with SAP 4.x and ECC, including full life-cycle implementation experience, configuration and administration of the application.
- Knowledge of maintenance/patching mechanics and SAP architecture.
- Demonstrable history solving complex problems across multiple modules.
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving.
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients.
- Strong knowledge of key application functionality, tables and relationships.
- Deep knowledge of SAP customization/extension methodologies.
- Excellent development skills using SAP toolset.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills – verbal & written.
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations.
- The ability to work remotely from a home based office in a virtual environment.
• The best candidates will have extensive knowledge of multiple SAP modules across releases (4.x & ECC) including proficiency with SAP product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, configuration requirements, integration with other modules and knowledge of underlying technology
• Knowledge of SAP Industry Solutions Public Sector would be an advantage
• Knowledge of any Country Specific Solutions would be an advantage
• A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
• Ability to communicate in a language other than English, while not required, would be an advantage
• Experience with localizations and global implementations would be an advantage
Established in 2005, Rimini Street is the leading global provider of third-party support for Oracle and SAP enterprise software and is opening a huge market with tens of thousands of qualified target prospects. Rimini Street replaces annual support from Oracle and SAP with an award-winning support program priced at 50% of the current annual support fees. Over 550 clients, including 69 of the Fortune 500, have switched from Oracle or SAP to Rimini Street Support.
The company is widely recognized by clients, leading industry analysts (including Gartner, Forrester, Nucleus), and financial analysts as the leader in a large, fast growing market with tremendous upside and an extremely strong value proposition that resonates with CIOs and CFO’s. With tight IT budgets and flat global economic growth, IT and Procurement professionals are actively looking for proven methods to cut costs while improving service. Rimini Street enables organizations to free up budget for strategic business initiatives by delivering savings of up to 90 percent in annual support costs.
Be Treated Like the Best
Accelerating Company Growth
- Rimini Street hires only the best -- and provides the compensation, bonus and benefit programs appropriate for proven top-performing professionals. We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the financial success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience.
- Excellent compensation, bonus and benefits packages.
- No bureaucracy, thousand-page rule books or politics — just everyone working together to build a great company through service excellence and client Success.
- Work hard, play hard environment -- Rimini Street is a group of hard-working professionals who are passionate about achieving success, but we also enjoy opportunities to meet up at fun company events. Laughter and smiles welcome here!
- Professional growth encouraged! All Rimini Street professionals are encouraged to grow and learn new skills.
- Pre-IPO company
- Over 550 signed clients, including 69 Fortune 500 and 15 Global 100
- 11 consecutive record-setting quarters, with revenue exceeding $43M USD in 2012 and nearly 30% YoY growth
- Named to CIO UK’s “20 Companies to Watch in 2012” annual hotlist of tech companies.
- Winner, Stevie Award for Customer Service Team of the Year, 2012.
- Winner, 2012 Red Herring Top 100 Americas award.
- Ranked #1 as Top Small Business in the West, 2012.
- Winner, Gartner Cool Company Award, 2012.
- Winner, Bay Area News Group "Top Workplaces" Award, 2010.
To learn more about how Rimini Street is redefining the enterprise software support industry, visit http://www.riministreet.com
Rimini Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rimini Street - 14 months ago