DDC IT Services, LLC (DDC-ITS) is SBA 8(a) SDB certified a company dedicated to solving IT business problems for three major markets: Federal, Commercial and Tribal. DDC-ITS is 100% owned by the Navajo Nation and has been in business since 2011. Our focus is on the ever-changing world of Cyber Security with respect to staffing for building and securing networks and enterprise applications. Another focus is to provide businesses with the Hardware & Software to meet their needs. We both sell and implement complete business solutions.
This requirement is for senior level system administrator to provide technical support for the Windows Server systems. The contractor shall possess demonstrable skills in a multi platform environment including the following:
Windows Server and a high level knowledge of Windows Operating environments including system administration, performance tuning, Veritas backup solutions, raid implementation using fiber channel storage mediums and knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN). Experience in setup and administration of enterprise scale Windows Networks.
Experience in using Windows domain tools including domain users and computers, domain policy editor/group policy management, and active directory sites and services for domain replication. Experience using SQL server and Windows clustering . Knowledge of thin client technologies including Windows terminal server and Citrix Winframe/Metaframe. Candidate should be familiar with Department of Defense system security requirements including C2 security implementation and DISA Windows STIG requirements.
Web Technologies – Expertise with web technologies including apache web server and Microsoft IIS.
Hardware – Experience troubleshooting hardware failures and systems incompatibilities on X86 platforms. Experience with HP, Compaq and DELL X86 server platforms and storage systems.
Security Technologies – Experience with analysis creation and implementation of security policies including the use of Microsoft Security Configuration and Analysis MMC Plug-in. Experience with group policy and the effect of security through the use of group policies. Experience using NSA guidelines to secure the Windows environment.
Provide training on subject matter areas within the Technical Division and Storage Branch for less skilled technicians in the assigned technical area of expertise. Troubleshoot problems and implement changes in assigned area; diagnose system failures to isolate the source of problems between equipment, basic software, and application programs.
Experience with information technology including Government systems, policies and procedures and Government workflow processes, with system administration on a cross platform network.
The environment consists of multiple mid-tier or server type platforms. In conjunction with the server platforms are automated tape libraries, disk farms and SANS. Client Architectures include current Windows clients. Software includes Office, Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Navigator and NAV.
Specific requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide guidance to the utilization of the Windows OS in the architecture of the DECC Ogden systems.
- Provide technical support on all Windows applications including system analyst support and application installation, and configuration.
- Perform System Administration (SA) functions including building new servers, migrations of applications from development to production, troubleshooting and diagnostics of applications, system and vendor software monitoring and tuning client and web applications, software and hardware upgrades, installations and maintenance. When requested, report to the Technical Action Officer (TAO).
Monitor products within the environment using such system monitors as Windows Event logs. Report any irregularities to the TAO
Provide the following technical support for current versions of MS SQL server:
- Install, patch, and configure MS SQL.
- Build databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Setup security for the database including users, groups, roles and rights.
- Profile the database for performance, troubleshooting and security purposes.
- Use, understand and write T-SQL.
- Manage the Database with logs, backups, restores and all other maintenance requirements.
- Setup network, protocols and surface area settings.
- Configure and build distributed transactions, replications, and DTS Packages.
- Manage and script .Net database security, maintenance and management.
- Script and manage complex interactions between windows services, IIS and other applications in ASP and or .NET.
- Script and manage ODBC, ADO and ADO.net, WMI, Registry and the database for FSO compliance with .Net.
Provide project management support in planning and definition.
Provide technical consulting services to the DECC Ogden customer on questions and issues relating to the software maintained on the DECC Ogden systems for applications. Provide consulting and technical advice and problem resolution for development of application programs and system interfaces.
Perform trend analysis on system performance, recommend configuration changes to the TAO, and participate in the planning activities to schedule system upgrades.
Continuously document via Configuration Management tools, share and make generally available system information with fellow associates as configuration, program or technical changes are made or occur. May provide, as-needed, hands-on, informal training and knowledge transfer to fellow associates each week as determined by the Windows Support Branch Chief.
Nova Corporation - 11 months ago
NOVA Corporation provides merchants a broad range of transaction processing services and products, including authorization and capture of...