Senior SSAS Developer
Perm - Excellent/Competitive Salary + Bonus + Relo and many more amazing benefits & perks
Location - Nashville, TN (South)
The Senior SSAS developer will serve as the lead resource for designing, developing and delivering SQL Server 2008 and 2012 Microsoft Analysis Services OLAP cubes using industry best practices.
- Our client has experiened 10%+ growth for 18 consecutive years
- Global leader. They anticipate doubling revenues in the next 3-4 years.
- 401K contribution has gone up, not down. They have increased benefits coverage, not decreased. They have provided merit increases every year!
- Phenomenal culture. Opportunity is almost too good to be true!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
80% Technical Design, Development and Implementation
20% Ad-Hoc & Other
- Designing and implement OLAP solutions using best practices in accordance with Microsoft guidance.
- Work with internal clients to deliver OLAP solutions that drive strong return on investment and provide robust high performance.
- Ensure business requirements and system requirements are complete through partnering with Project managers and Resource managers and translate them into unit tests, test cases, and other technical artifacts.
- Develop SSAS reporting data models, drill-down and drill-through capabilities, security / access controls and error handling
- Use Data Modeling techniques to define your bus matrix in support of your SSAS development.
- Architect and design dashboards based on KPIs. Design reports & graphs for various stakeholders. Collaborate with team members to produce project estimates.
- Work closely with Project Managers, BAs and Integration Testing Team to ensure delivery of high quality solutions that meet functional and business requirements.
- Assist other developers in design and implementation ensuring best practices are followed.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose critical production issues.
- Hands-on experience in developing SSAS solutions using SQL 2005 or 2008
- 6+ experience in designing and developing database solutions using T-SQL in SQL Server 2008 or 2005.
- Experience in designing data models, Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas and 1-3NF data models.
- Good understanding of systems engineering (to ensure high performance BI architecture using CPU, memory, storage, caching etc.)
- Experience with SSRS in Creating reports using MDX and Analysis Services as a data source, Passing Parameters (MDX and regular) to drill down reports, Working with Charts/Gages (Multi Column datasets), Deploying Reports, and Administering Security
- Able to manage the end-to-end delivery of data warehousing project
Founded in 1998 by three GA Tech graduates (Scott, Clint and Alex), Hunter Technical Resources was founded on the premise that an IT...