Qualifications & Responsibilities The Safety Services Sr. officer's primary responsibility is to provide and maintain a safe working environment for all Alliance Data associates. The officers complete this task by conducting parking lot checks, controlling access into the facilities, and performing first aid task as needed. These officers also write incident reports for anything that is found out of the ordinary and are the first point of escalation for any facility life safety / security incidents in a timely manner. They must respond and manage all incidents that occur in the facility with minimal supervision. The Senior officer also has additional responsibilities above what a normal officer has which include: Being a stepping stone to a Lead Officer position, Being a department trainer, or being our Door Access Administrator. The Sr. Officer to Lead officer focuses their development on leadership and learning how to deal with staff issues and day to day operations of one of the retail locations. The department trainer Sr. Officer, works with the supervisors to develop and train all new officer trainees and helps in testing all officers to keep their skills sharp. The Sr Officer Door Access Administrator, handles all of the inquiries dealing with restricted access and works closely with the supervisors during audits to ensure all information provided is correct. Individuals must pass an annual physical agility/physical test.
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that maybe found in this job
- Control access into the building by signing out visitor and associate badges
- Provide security to the associates and facility assets
- Perform First Aid when needed assisting with any medical issues that may arise on company premises, including but not limited to buildings and parking lots. This includes responding to medical incidents with first aid bags and other equipment and carrying injured individual(s) as required.
- Conduct checks of building and parking lot. These checks ensure that all environmental equipment is functioning properly and that there are no safety issues that may cause harm to the associates or disrupt the business
- Write incident and accident reports. Reports are written any time the officer comes across something that does not happen during the normal course of their shift
- Other miscellaneous tasks that are assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related work experience
- Average knowledge of Word and basic PC knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast paced work environment
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job if providing such accommodation does not result in an undue hardship to the company or eliminate an essential function of the job, including the physical demand requirements listed below, which are essential functions.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the associate must be able to do the following:
- Ability to respond on foot quickly (run) to emergency, medical and security events anywhere on company premises, including but not limited to buildings and parking lots.
- Be able to walk the interior and exterior of the facility several times throughout a shift in all weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50lbs. to pick-up / deliver packages; respond to medical incidents with a first aid bag (contains supplies, AED, Oxygen Unit), empty shred bins, etc.
- Must be able to physically participate / train and perform personnel protection drills / defense tactics.
- Good team building skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to travel between facilities in Columbus in their own vehicle (mileage reimbursable)
- Proficient knowledge of Safety Services Operations (including daily practices, facility configuration and culture) in each location
Retail Pay Statement
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Retail Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
About Alliance Data
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) and its combined businesses is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data and its three businesses employ approximately 11,000 associates at more than 70 locations worldwide.
Alliance Data consists of three businesses: Alliance Data Retail Services, a leading provider of marketing-driven credit solutions; Epsilon®, a leading provider of multichannel, data-driven technologies and marketing services; and LoyaltyOne®, which owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program. For more information about the company, visit our web site, www.alliancedata.com , or follow us on Twitter via @AllianceData .
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Organization: Alliance Data - Retail
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2014-08-11
Req ID: 0061608
- 10 months ago - save job