Senior Sales Associate should generate sales by engaging and connecting with each customer to provide a selling experience through customer service, or a visual experience through in store displays. Utilizes product knowledge to educate, inform and train other employees. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays a “customer is the priority” mindset at all times.
- Treats all Gap customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment and maximizes the customer shopping experience.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Guide, including Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Reports to the assistant manager.
- Receives daily direction from leader on duty and collaborates effectively with sales associates.
As a Senior Sales Associate you may have responsibilities in one of the following roles.
Senior Sales Associate - Customer
- Key salesperson in the store, specializing in fitting room selling.
- Expert in the product and REAL selling.
- Shares feedback from customers with leadership team to improve the overall customer experience.
- Offers current style advice and is knowledgeable on trends.
- Hosts store events that drive traffic and volume.
- Creates and utilizes a network of clients to organize group events.
- Corresponds with clients via e-mail and uses social media to drive results.
- Assists in styling mannequins to present current trends in a way that influences customers.
- Assists in product knowledge/trend training for all employees.
- Builds and tracks customer loyalty.
Minimum educational level:
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Ability to give basic direction to sales associates.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in retail preferred.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
GAP GLOBAL NA
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...