The Sales Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The System Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. They must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
The Sales Engineer is to evaluate business processes in order to prepare, present, and promote the sale of business solutions, while ensuring overall sales process quality for proper implementation and profitability of Voice and Data. The Sales Engineer is to be proficient in business processes and technical aspects of communications including voice, data and video communications. In addition, the Sales Engineer is to be proficient in interpersonal communications, presentation and teaching skills.
This position will:
- Provides technical sales support for advanced solutions to all sales groups.
- Customer Facing - Interact and work closely with the Sales Managers and Sales teams to actively participate in sales calls and processes to help qualify and prioritize sales opportunities as well as assist and participate in customers meetings and presentations.
- Respond to RFP(Request for Proposals) - Provide specialized support to the Sales team by providing technical expertise, written technical proposal documents for customers, network design documents, and guidance in the planning and closing of sales opportunities, as well as, prepare and deliver customer presentations to technical and executive audiences. Effectively manage workload and priorities to provide quality pre and post sales technical support to the sales organization in a timely and accurate manner and driven by a commitment to customer service that compels the Company to acquire and retain loyal customers by anticipating and exceeding their expectations.
- Provide Post Sales Support - Develop and provide a clear, accurate and comprehensive Scope of Work documents and designs that can be used as input to customer proposals and/or RFP responses and provide necessary detail and expectations to ensure an effective hand-off to the implementation team and order processing.
- Provide Support to Product Development and Process Improvement Teams as requested - Make recommendations to the Product teams on new products or product enhancements that could enable Granite to better serve customer requirements and/or position Granite in a competitive advantage.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Assist the sales team in preparing quotes for customers.
- Assist in strategizing and closing sales.
- Conduct site surveys for new installations prior to contract signing.
- Provide pre-sales design and application support for all of Voice and Data core products, as well as peripheral and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) applications.
- Develop sales tools and training materials for presentation to the Sales Team, keeping informed on the latest developments in core products, peripherals, and CTI applications. In addition, provide product training to internal staff.
- Provide network drawings involving Call Flow diagrams, IP applications and CTI applications.
- Provide product demonstrations and white board presentations for prospective customers, as well as customer install base.
- Provide setup, maintenance, and oversight of demo rooms.
- Compile and provide competitive information.
- Coordinate pre-sales configuration with Operations Department for implementation, especially in regard to customized CTI applications.
- Assist the operations department in the installation / implementation of customer's systems including providing the system programming to operations based on customer input and training on customer's systems including applications as well as features.
- Provide project management technical oversight on major projects
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, marketing, telecommunications or related field.
Six years of sales and network engineering experience in a telecommunications provider or telecom vendor environment, of which at least three years involved supporting network architecture in a pre or post-sales engineering capacity and at least two involved sales or providing sales support that involved direct contact with customers. Experience must have resulted in demonstrable expertise with current and emerging telecommunications technologies and associated protocols, to include Layer2 or Layer3 services, VoIP,Metro Ethernet, VPNs, Frame Relay, DSL, IP, MPLS, IP Telephony, CoS, QoS technologies, and the OSI model.
Demonstrated proficiency working with software essential to the job, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Candidate must be proficient in Visio design software and PowerPoint presentations.
Granite Telecommunications - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled...