Senior Sales Engineer - NYC Metro-VSS000160
VSS Monitoring network packet brokers (NPB) improve the performance and efficiency of a broad range of network monitoring and security tools by providing the most advanced network-wide visibility, access and processing offload. VSS Monitoring is a world leader in network packet brokers (NPB), providing a unique systems approach to enable network-wide and link-layer visibility, access and offload for a broad ecosystem of network monitoring and security tools. Deployed globally by Tier 1 service providers, F500 corporations and major government agencies, VSS Monitoring packet brokers improve tool usage and efficiency, simplify IT operations, and greatly enhance tool ROI. For more information, visit vssmonitoring.com
VSS Monitoring is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. VSS Monitoring recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
VSS seeks a Senior Sales Engineer to conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to RFP/RFI proposals, and analyze client needs to provide technical solutions in a pre-sales technical role. In additional to technical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current with trends in the traffic capture and APM monitoring space, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence.
- Provide pre-sales and initial post-sales support to customers and partners in the region
- Assist the VSS Sales team as the technical subject matter expert on VSS technology
- Be able to discover and scope customer requirements and provide the optimal VSS network architecture solutions using Microsoft Visio
- Able to deliver superb demos and technical pitches, highlighting key VSS features and benefits and influencing key decision makers in making a product decision.
- Be able to address the majority of customer technical questions concerning customization, integration, and general feature / functionality of VSS products.
- Providing technical input to facilitate the completion of RFI and RFP responses.
- Work in a collaborative team environment and knowing when to escalate within the VSS technical organization
- Perform on-site evaluations, troubleshooting and problem resolutions for pre-sales as well as post-sales situations
- Deliver training to customers and partners as well as on-site professional services support such as installations and configurations
- supporting the VSS Marketing organization with relevant technical content for white papers and application notes
- Gathers competitive information and able to position VSS successfully against the competition.
- Support field marketing events (trade shows, conferences) as a technical booth staff
- Provide technical leadership to entire SE team as appropriate (ex/ handle escalation questions, conduct training and presentations at quarterly kick off/training sessions).
- Provide timely and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales and Support teams regarding customer requirements, bugs and new feature requests
- Document and track all activity through Salesforce.com, including detailed activity reports including requirements, solution diagrams, test plans and opportunity progress status
- Prepare and perform effective follow-up customer communications as well sending of marketing and collateral materials to prospective customers
- 6-8 years of experience working as a sales engineer or application field engineer in the network monitoring, network security, routing/switching or test and measurement tools industry.
- Must be able to travel up to 50-70% in assigned region as well as travel to VSS HQ in Sunnyvale, CA up to 2-3 times a year for training and sales kickoff events
- Strong understanding of internetworking technologies in Ethernet ,TCP, UDP, OSI layers 1-7, LAN, MPLS, WAN, SNMP and IP protocols and header structures
- Previous experience and hands-on familiarity with network taps, aggregators, fiber optics and traffic generation tools like Spirent, IXIA and breaking point and advanced wireshark skills
- Familiarity with Application Performance and Network Security tools such as NetQos, NetScout, Network General, Compuware, Riverbed, FireEye, Sourcefire, McAfee, Niksun, BlueCoat and other similar products
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to large groups and in a small lunch-n-learn setting
- Good Blend of technical knowledge as well as business issues involved in successfully closing business
- Industry certifications like CISSP, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, is a desired plus
- Self motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Candidate needs to be located in NYC Metro Area
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher’s portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher’s 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010. To Apply or View Other Positions please visit http://jobs.danaher.com/search/?q=VSS
Please Note: The Comms Group will not accept un-solicited resumes. We only will pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a signed recruiting agreement in place with Tektronix Communications, Arbor Networks, Fluke Networks or VSS Monitoring prior to the submittal and it must be signed by the VP, Talent Acquisition and the resume must be submitted to a specific requisition that the agency was invited to work through our vendor management system. In the case that a candidate is submitted or presented to one these companies by a recruiting agency without a signed agreement, Tektronix Communications, Arbor Networks, Fluke Networks and VSS Monitoring reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the agency
Organization: VSS Monitoring
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-United States-New York