Salesperson’s role is to proactively manage customer relationships, manage opportunities from current and new customers and close deals professionally in a way that maximizes KONE’s order book and profitability.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
• Meet or exceed annual budget on new maintenance sales through new equipment conversions, prospecting competitors equipment, balanced private -vs.- public sector, and recapturing KONE equipment and National Accounts.
• Meet or exceed annual budget on orders from quoted repairs and upgrades to existing equipment. Utilize KONE Quick Quotes and secure major repairs where applicable. Achieve budgeted level of downpayments on orders.
• Educate KONE customers and other groups of community professionals and propose KONE solutions regarding code requirements and safety issues based on customer/building needs.
• Retain existing lifts in service by maintaining strong customer relationships in order to meet or exceed the branch annual budget for lifts in service (LIS). Active involvement in addressing cancellation risks with major accounts. Manage re-sign and escalation processes
• Ongoing account management including responding to customer requests and leading the effort on collections.
• Utilize KONE contract terms and conditions requirements when negotiating sales. Become involved on corporate development groups to enhance centralized work/verbiage around contract terms.
• Properly record account and customer activity in KONE CRM system and utilize reporting in CRM for market analysis
• Maintain solid sales pipeline and sales forecast accuracy
• Recognize contract improvement opportunities and re-negotiate contract terms to include improvements.
• Sell standardized modernization packages and work with central groups to develop further packaged modernization offerings
• Cultivate & nurture relationships with local industry consultants and other trade groups of professionals.
• Provide modernization sales with qualified leads from existing service portfolio and where appropriate secure modernization order.
• Submit Asset Management Plans to KONE customers to use for budgeting upcoming repairs.
• On your own be able to visit customer sites regularly to survey equipment and enhance customer relationships. Build in capital planning discussions.
• Help organize and lead KONE participation in trade shows and trade organizations. Participate as key speaker/contributor to the trade organization.
• Completely own and drive the data collection for all national account requests including surveying estimating equipment or organizing the branch plan of attack for completing the surveys.
• Be a significant contributor to the mentoring new sales representatives.
Skills, Education and Experience
• 10+ years sales and account management experience, preferably in service or product sales.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Preferred areas of study are: Business, Management, Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Communications and Liberal Arts.
• Including Major Account/Project sales experience as well as team leadership experience
• Proven track record of long term (5+ year) success in similar sales model
• Ability to establish a rapport and speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with all levels of existing and potential KONE customers - including major accounts. In addition, active involvement and speaking at relevant professional organizations within your city.
• Strong and effective oral, written, persuasive, and presentation skills. Ability to deliver sales presentation to major clients and organizations
• Strong interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, management, and customers. Ability to provide feedback to peers and corporate leaders on service needs for KONE to be more effective in the marketplace.
• Extensive working knowledge of service and/or vertical transportation industry, including non-standard and specialized products. In addition, be connected in your city to know business developments and trends of your city.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and fulfill leadership role for the team in necessary situations
• Familiarity with common computer operations and software. Ability to also bring new ideas on software development to improve branch and/or country wide operations.
• Established networks and effective networking skills. Ability to mentor others to do the same.
• Excellent planning and problem solving skills
• Sound knowledge of accounting and financial management principles.
• Familiarity with competitor’s product offerings and practices and implementing sales strategies accordingly.
• Absolute understanding of KONE's processes, procedures, policies and contract/product offerings.
• Ability to develop and execute tactical sales plans to meet sales goals
• Ability to work independently while exceeding sales goals year after year.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
KONE - 4 months ago
KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells,...