As we develop new products and expand our markets we are looking to hire talented individuals that want to be part of our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment you will love working at Ocean Spray. At Ocean Spray we understand the value of working together, while knowing each individual plays a vital role in the company’s success. Our business has always been and continues to be built on people from different backgrounds coming together for a common goal. The same sense of opportunity, resourcefulness and innovation on which the Cooperative was founded is what drives Ocean Spray today!
We have an opening in our Sensory Science team within Research & Development. We are able to consider Scientist and Sr. Scientist levels, based on the candidate's education and experience. This position will report into the Sensory team leader and is based in Lakeville, MA.
The Sensory Science team employs industry-leading methodologies and ensures that the best research methods and quantitative tools are applied for thoughtful insight discovery. Our team supports domestic and global consumer studies, quality, shelf life and employee panels (e.g. descriptive, discrimination) and works closely with consumer insights, marketing and manufacturing. Sensory at Ocean Spray isn’t just a capability, it is a competitive advantage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Sensory Science Thought Leader
Sensory Science Project Manager
- Drive internal initiatives to promote sensory throughout the organization
- Stay on top of the latest sensory science research and drive implementation of new technologies when appropriate
QA Sensory Support
- Must be able to lead project teams in defining specific sensory research questions and recommend appropriate research designs.
- M ust be able to balance resource constraints while being a champion for rigor.
- Must be able to drive execution.
- Support plant-based quality related activities
- Travel as needed to plants and manufacturing sites
- Has successfully completed an advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in a field relevant to sensory science, including but not limited to food science, sensory science, psychology, statistics or chemistry.
Understands and employs the entire sensory science toolbox. Additional experience is required for Senior Scientist level.
- Has a strong, demonstrated command of statistics including linear models, ANOVAs, DOE and the role of variability. Multivariate stats a plus. Programming knowledge a big plus.
- Descriptive analysis and/or emotion work a plus
- Will be expected to quickly come up to speed on both survey design and analysis tools (e.g. Compusense) as well as be able to learn how to execute data analyses in R.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...