Ocean Spray has two openings in our Product Development Beverage group within R & D. We are able to consider Scientist, Senior Scientist and Principal Scientist levels, based on candidate's education and experience. The position is based in Lakeville MA, full relocation included .
What we’re looking for:
Candidates that have well developed leadership and communication skills, who are confidant, passionate, self-motivated, innovative and creative, with a strong desire to succeed. We look for people who are hands on, that can collaborate well in a team environment as well as have the ability to lead teams.
What we’re offering:
You will work for an agricultural cooperative, which provides a level of personal satisfaction that other organizations cannot offer. You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team of creative product developers, while working in recently updated labs to create the next wave of Ocean Spray products.
Position Summary: Plan, design/develop, and commercialize new product formulas. Provide detailed sensory guidance on the organoleptic properties of a wide variety of beverages on a daily basis. Provides comprehensive technical leadership to projects from concept through commercialization and launch in a Stage Gate project management environment. Provide technical updates through various forms of communication, verbal, written, or PowerPoint frequently. Support other development projects, operations and related activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Plan, design/develop, and commercialize new product formulas, product optimizations, or cost reduced formulas as needed.
-Conducts hands on bench development work and pilot scale tests (65-70%)
-Designs formulas to ensure commercialized products are reproducible and robust enough to meet consumer expectations, quality and cost requirements, and supply of raw materials, with consideration to the impact on plant operations
-Ensures formulas adhere to required Regulatory guidelines
-Travels as needed to commercialize new or revised formulas at the manufacturing plants (15%)
2) Provide detailed sensory guidance on the organoleptic properties of a wide variety of beverages on a daily basis .
-Acute, sensory skills are critical to this position
-Ability to develop beverages that achieve desired sensory success criteria parameters
3) Provides comprehensive technical leadership to projects from concept through commercialization and launch in a Stage Gate project management environment.
-Ability to effectively manage technical timelines and multiple projects with competing deadlines
-Conducts competitive and feasibility assessments
-Conducts costing exercises at multiple stages throughout the product development cycle
-Collaborates with Quality and Procurement in the approval
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field plus 3+ years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
• Additional years of experience will be required for Senior Scientist and Principle Scientist levels. M.S. or PhD in Food Science desired.
• Broad understanding of the fundamentals of Food Science with the ability to remain up-to-date on new and emerging technologies and apply to product development projects
• Advanced PC skills: Windows, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Project or similar software desired.
• Ability to lift 40-50 lb periodically
• Proven track record of successful product launches
• Advanced communication skills
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 11 months ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...