Senior Scientist - Oncology Research-RES001354
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled research associate to join our Oncology Biology Discovery team at Merck Boston. The successful candidate will be responsible for validating novel immuno-oncology targets and contributing to small and large molecule drug discovery programs. Responsibilities include the development and execution of experimental strategies to define the mechanism of action and mechanism of resistance of immuno-oncology therapeutic agents. S/he will perform in vitro experiments to determine the functional effect of candidate target activation/inhibition by using a variety of assays to interrogate immune end-points. Candidate is expected to keep abreast of published scientific literature and present his/her data at internal group meetings.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BS degree in the Biological Sciences
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of oncology and/or immunology.
- Candidate must have expertise in developing in vitro and in vivo assays to investigate immune function and possess a deep knowledge of technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints.
- Candidate should have experience in the growth and maintenance of human tumor cell lines, proliferation and apoptosis assays, immunoassay techniques/platforms (e.g. Western, ELISA, Mesoscale).
- Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g. Microsoft Excel) as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery particularly using therapeutic antibodies.
- Experience with multi-parameter FACS.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Research Support - DPS
Job Title : Senior Scientist
Primary Location: NA-US-MA-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Merck & Co. - 2 years ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The...