At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients’ businesses to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
This person will join a team responsible for the standards, security and operations of all Microsoft operating systems, as well as VMware Citrix virtualization environments. The role will include administering the enterprise environment including installation, configuration, documentation, upgrading, and technical support related to all areas of server software/hardware. This professional will have experience with commercial, enterprise production environments and leverage industry best practices in virtualization and Windows system administration to ensure PlumChoice’s systems are architected and supported to peak efficiency. This includes proactively monitoring and analyzing the enterprise environment to ensure a high level of performance, security, and integrity throughout, while abiding by industry and corporate standards.
The successful candidate will be a recognized expert in Windows Operating Systems and optimization, VMWare vSphere, and Citrix XenApp. This person will understand the direction of these architectures and provide recommendations regarding timing, value and risks inherent to adoption of their next generations.
This person will also collaborate and coordinate across IT and the PlumChoice business on enterprise projects, upgrades, systems integrations and operating system support issues.
The incumbent will maintain relationships with internal customers using a high level of service, trust and security. The ability to quickly assess a need, propose/lead a project, and implement with minimal supervision is required as well as being a creative, analytical Senior Windows Server Administration resource to the rest of the team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Administration of Citrix and VMware technologies.
- Install, support, and troubleshoot server hardware and operating systems including Server 2003-2008 R2.
- Install, support, and troubleshoot server applications.
- Document process and architecture narratives; documents, corrects and communicates any variances from defined standard; identifies and recommends material improvement opportunities to management.
- Monitor server infrastructure for performance, security, and integrity using industry standard utilities and monitoring tools.
- Utilize standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Perform information assurance activities: patching, scanning and documenting vulnerability remediation plans.
- Handle hardware deployments, retirements and maintenance (racking, RAM upgrades, etc.).
- Handle third level problem resolution in support of other IT personnel pertaining to IT hardware and software issues.
- Escalate unsolved issues to management or outside qualified vendors and consultants as necessary.
- Keep management informed of trends or unresolved issues and alert them of problems related to business critical applications and hardware.
- Research and propose new hardware and software technology to management which would benefit the company.
- Participate in on-call duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience installing and supporting hardware, software and operating systems in a Microsoft Windows Environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience installing and supporting Citrix or VMware Enterprise server virtualization technologies.
- Mastery of Windows Server 2003 – 2008 R2.
- Deep knowledge of VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x.
- Expertize with Citrix ZenServer and ZenApp 4.5 and higher.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills. Ability to organize and execute on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrable expertise working independently as well as in teams, and successfully managing projects to completion.
- Strong experience at designing, configuring, implementing and supporting enterprise level systems.
- Strong troubleshooting experience with infrastructure architectures and web based applications in a production support capacity required.
- Strong expertise in support systems and processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and listening skill.
- Attention to detail and exemplary customer service skills are essential.
- Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with a positive attitude.
- Can flexibly prioritize immediate tasks and long term task.
- Bachelor’s Degree; a two-year degree or extensive Technical Support background considered with appropriate experience.
2 or 4 year degree preferred
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
PlumChoice, Inc. - 22 months ago