As part of our engineering team, the Senior Server Platform Engineer will be responsible for full life-cycle development of the AtHoc Enterprise Notifications System on the latest .NET platform, from initiation to design, architecture, development, integration, and deployment, while maintaining functionality for existing customers. You will be developing promising software for saving lives.
- Participation in all phases of project life cycle: analysis, design, develop, test, debug, deploy, maintain, and update.
- Own major platform subsystems/components.
- In-depth experience in design, developing, and maintaining services, business objects/APIs on .NET and SQL server platform.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Create and maintain technical documents.
- Work with product development team members, as well as company leadership and customers.
- Work with AtHoc professional services to support new and existing customer implementations.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and architectures, application design patterns, for potential implementation within AtHoc platforms.
- 5+ solid software development experience in delivering low-defect multi-tier applications
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with C#/.NET Application Framework, ASP.NET, ADO.Net and WCF
- Database design and development skills with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Solid object-oriented design and development skills.
- Familiar with Windows 2003/2008, IIS, version control, issue tracking, continuous integration environment
- Ability to communicate openly and frequently with all members of the team
- Must be a self-motivated fast learner and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and exercise judgment in setting priorities
- Strong project planning and organizational abilities
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills, especially with multi-threaded and performance-oriented applications
- Experience with the following items would be a plus:
- System migration from ASP/COM to ASP.NET
- Software internationalization and localization
- WPF, WF applications
- Entity Framework, Microsoft Application Blocks
- Cloud computing, Windows Azure Platform
- VB6/COM, ASP applications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Microsoft certification a plus (MCPD/MCAD/MCSD/ any other)
The AtHoc partner program focuses on marketing and reselling notifications solutions for emergency notifications, force...