Senior SharePoint System Engineer/Administrator (SPE)
The SharePoint Administrator manages all aspects of client’s SharePoint environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
The SPE will oversee the SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment – taking the lead role in optimizing the existing SharePoint architecture. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure. SPE will participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems). The SPE will develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution. SPE will provide support for InfoPath forms, including communicating the location of form libraries, their purpose and workflows. SPE will provide architectural guidance to client in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stores and retrieved. Work with IT Project Managers and Business Analysts to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution. Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit test, system test and implementation plans for small to complex projects. SPE will maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis. SPE will provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS,etc).
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Existing MBI required
- 4 yr College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- 10 years’ experience in the maintenance of SharePoint services in a mission critical production environment.
- Three to Five years’ experience working with MOSS 2007 and SP 2010) in an SPE capacity
- Expert understanding of MS SharePoint Architecture (MOSS 2007 and SP 2010)
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, InfoPath, Workflow, Visual SourceSafe, and SharePoint Designer
- Working knowledge of various web design/graphic design tools (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
PPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Project Performance Corporation - 13 months ago