Senior Sharepoint Developer/Architect
The Senior Sharepoint Developer/Architect is responsible for executive communications, creating, curating and maintaining client and company information, developing communications materials, maintaining and supporting information and document data stores. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
The ideal candidate for the Information Specialist position will possess the experience and skills to:
- Organize, store, retrieve, disseminate, and use electronic information in tools such as: Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and other online document management tools.
- Investigate, analyze, organize, and implement information management processes.
- Identify client and internal information/communication needs and find ways to meet those needs.
- Condense and simplify technical information into messages that can be understood by non-technical users.
- Follow internal and external direction and policies regarding information and communication needs.
- Organize and develop content, facilitate scheduling and delivery method to present/deliver communications to executives.
- Identify audiences and information needs; determine specific media approaches and develop and disseminate information using:
- In person presentations, meetings, forums, presentations, and personal appearances.
- Technical communications such as: email, webinars, blogs, wikis, podcasts, fact sheets, and systems status notifications.
- Formal communications such as: news releases, newsletters, photographs, recordings, advertising, and special events.
- Develop meeting agendas, meeting presentations, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, email correspondence, Intranet postings, and other items noted above.
- Create, manage, execute and maintain an internal information and communications plan.
- Recommend information strategies to management; plan responses; respond to inquiries; provide information; arrange interviews and tours; edit copy; and coach responders.
- Establish and maintain a filing and retrieval system for all electronic information and communications.
- Contributes to overall team/department effort by meeting service commitments.
- Must have information technology background with an understanding of IT systems.
- Highly skilled in software applications and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Cognizant of the role that information plays in society.
- Dedicated to providing a link between people and the information resources they need.
- Active in research that is pushing information in new directions.
- Adaptable to the information needs of businesses, organizations, and institutions.
- SharePoint (2007 or 2010) managing user content, data and information access.
- Information/data librarian
- - managing complex information files and data.
Business writing, communication planning and delivery, and presentation development.
Excellent written and oral communications skills - clear, concise, creative and persuasive.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced project environment.
- Self-directed with strong decision-making skills, including knowing when to escalate problems.
- Demonstrated strong collaborative skills.
- Business fluency in English.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Work scheduled and periodic unscheduled after hours events.
The following additional items are preferred.
- Experience in helping to support and foster effective communications within a complex IT organization.
- Experience in change management and leading communications during a large-scale organizational change.
- Willingness to be on call for critical projects.
- A background in healthcare and/or education environments is a plus.
Education & Experience
MARS IT Corp - 16 months ago