Are you a Java Architect with previous experience designing software products focused on processing, managing and analyzing large amounts of data? Are you a Software Architect or Team Lead with extensive Java experience that enjoys working with the latest technologies and approaches? Do you have experience working with big data technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, or Hbase? If so, keep reading as this well-funded start-up may be very interesting to you.
Extremely well-funded mid-stage start-up (TechCrunch 50 Finalist) in the digital marketing space seeks a Senior Software Architect with strong experience with Java (Ruby on Rails is a plus), Big Data technologies (Hadoop or MapReduce) and NoSQL technologies (Hbase).
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with the CTO, Product Team and Engineering Teams.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Analyze and design of prototype advanced product features.
- Direct software development teams on a project-by-project basis.
- Research available technologies and help make buy vs. build decisions.
- Design data/object models and interface designs
- Execute data-driven decisions. Identify metrics to quantify various aspects of a large SaaS environment. Extract and analyze data.
- Prepare deployment architectures including hardware selection. Build cost models. Optimize price/performance ratio.
sologig - 10 months ago