Senior Software Developer - Home Entertainment
Home Entertainment - PPT
Come join us! Rentrak is an information management company serving clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries. If you're sharp, hard working, and enjoy a cooperative work environment, we're offering a place where you can work alongside talented peers working on interesting, dynamic and fun projects. We're a small enough company that you can make a big difference here, but we're big enough to reach a national audience.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to add to our growing company of talented team members in our Home Entertainment Division.
This position is a cornerstone role within the Home Entertainment Division. The Senior Software Developer will work with a small team of developers and internal customers to maintain existing legacy systems as well as design new interfaces and applications for multiple mature product lines. A significant part for this position requires skills in a data supporting role. This includes, being able to analyze complicated data structures, manipulate the data as needed, and affect changes to databases and files. Candidates for this position must be able to fluctuate between working independently to working in a pair or team. An ideal candidate should be able to recommend and develop changes to improve or automate existing systems, create documentation for systems, and map out process flows.
- 5+ years working with relational databases, especially Oracle or Postgres. This requirement includes writing SQL queries, modifying database schemas, and executing changes to data via SQL and sqlldr.
- 2+ years of software development using Perl. Development using object-oriented Perl is a plus.
- Working knowledge in HTML, CSS, JQuery, and Mason that will be used to create screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems.
- Minimum 2 years working in C that includes database and screen manipulations.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Unix operating system, preferably Linux.
- Comfort in working with legacy systems.
- Candidates must be willing to work at least 3 years in this position.
- Work directly with internal customers to manage day-to-day issues through research, data and system analysis, and by using other problem-solving skills.
- Work closely with various team members in a pair setting to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Act as a mentor for other developers so as to improve the overall quality of the team.
- Proactively identify issues to management in order to resolve problems before they impact the systems.
- Provide insight as to the effect of changes or enhancements, especially with regard towards data, and taking into consideration an approach that aligns with business targets.
- Modify, write, and document software programming applications as needed.
- Bug fixes and UI changes in Perl, C, shell scripts, and Java.
- Follow corporate software development best practices and standards.
- Provide feedback about questions or concerns related to software specifications.
- Provide feedback as to scope and requirements with design solutions.
Rentrak headquarters are located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- 40 hour work week is the norm.
- Some flexibility in hours including occasional teleworking.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
Rentrak Corporation - 17 months ago