No software application is used by more people than the web browser. There are dozens of browsers available today, but all of them are based on the same basic architecture introduced nearly two decades ago. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has formed a brand new team to take a radically different approach to this application that is so central to the daily life of billions of customers. With our new browser, Amazon Silk, we are leveraging the power of cloud computing to fundamentally change the way people experience the web.
Imagine the possibilities when a web browser is powered by a vast, scalable server fleet, massive network connections, and limitless storage resources. Can you think of ways to use those assets to make the browsing experience faster or to introduce previously impossible features? If you are interested in blazing new trails in the cloud computing space this team is for you.
To apply for this role, you should possess strong analytical, design, and problem diagnosis skills. You should have an intimate understanding of how the web works from the underlying infrastructure of the Internet, to web servers, to browsers. You like thinking “outside the box”, are not afraid of ambiguity, get excited about difficult distributed systems challenges, and are a motivated self-starter. You are a strong team player and thrive in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions is paramount.
Why would you want to work for the Amazon Silk team?
- Huge Impact : Everyone uses web browsers, and you will play a big role in implementing the next-generation web browser.
- Technology convergence : Amazon Silk is a unique opportunity to get involved in multiple cutting edge technology areas: web browsers, mobile platforms, and cloud computing.
- Wear many hats : You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
- Learning : Work alongside some of Amazon’s most senior engineers.
- Scale : Build software systems that support millions of customers.
- Have fun: Our mantra is to work hard, play hard, and have fun. We also find ways to relax and unwind, with beer bashes, team events, and lunches. You can also participate in a multitude of Amazon corporate events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ years relevant work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Knowledge of at least one additional modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus.
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...