No software application is used by more people than the web browser. There are dozens of browsers available today, but all of them are based on the same basic architecture introduced nearly two decades ago. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has formed a brand new team to take a radically different approach to this application that is so central to the daily life of billions of customers. With our new browser, Amazon Silk, we are leveraging the power of cloud computing to fundamentally change the way people experience the web.
Imagine the possibilities when a web browser is powered by a vast, scalable server fleet, massive network connections, and limitless storage resources. Can you think of ways to use those assets to make the browsing experience faster or to introduce previously impossible features? If you are interested in blazing new trails in the cloud computing space this team is for you.
To apply for this role, you should possess strong analytical, design, and problem diagnosis skills. You should have an intimate understanding of how the web works from the underlying infrastructure of the Internet, to web servers, to browsers. You like thinking “outside the box”, are not afraid of ambiguity, get excited about difficult distributed systems challenges, and are a motivated self-starter. You are a strong team player and thrive in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions is paramount. Above all, you should love pushing systems to the point of breaking, and making them better utilizing software testing best practices.
Why would you want to work for the Amazon Silk team?
- Huge Impact : Everyone uses web browsers, and you will play a big role in implementing the next-generation web browser.
- Technology convergence : Amazon Silk is a unique opportunity to get involved in multiple cutting edge technology areas: web browsers, mobile platforms, and cloud computing.
- Wear many hats : You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
- Learning : Work alongside some of Amazon’s most senior engineers.
- Scale : Build software systems that support millions of customers.
- Have fun: Our mantra is to work hard, play hard, and have fun. We also find ways to relax and unwind, with beer bashes, team events, and lunches. You can also participate in a multitude of Amazon corporate events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, or Java
- Experience designing and creating test plans and writing test automation
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
- Experience dealing with performance, memory, and I/O
- Proficient in web services software architectural and design issues
- Experience with web services software architectural and design issues
- Fluent in data structures, algorithm, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Proficient in system and application performance characteristics
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience running and managing test passes in multiple environments
- Strong knowledge and experience with QA tools and practices
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...