Audible.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com is the Internet's leading provider of spoken audio programming including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. Audible apps for your tablet or smartphone make it easy to listen wherever you are. Catch a caper while commuting in your car, add a little romance to a run, or maybe savor a mystery while making minestrone.
The connected devices team is looking for a senior software development engineer. As a member of the Audible’s Android Engineering Group, the software development engineer’s primary task is to write high-quality, scalable, maintainable and robust solutions. This includes working with a variety of groups including Development Managers, Product/Program Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Business stakeholders, etc.
Experience: 7-10+ years of industry experience
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
· Proficiency in one or more of the following languages/platforms: Java, C, C++, Perl, Python and Ruby
· Experience building scalable software or distributed systems
· Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD)
· Experience working with relational databases (Oracle and JDBC/Hibernate a plus)
· Experience writing code in a high volume, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
· Familiarity with frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
· Understanding of system and application performance limits and characteristics
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in development of mobile applications – iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...