As a seasoned engineer, you'll be joining the Accounts platform team that is responsible for managing membership of our rapidly growing global customer base. Our platform is core to managing membership across 1000+ Netflix devices and supporting consumer-facing features. An example of a consumer feature we’ve been working on is Personalization Profiles; it debuted at CES earlier this year: http://gigaom.com/2013/01/07/netflix-profiles-first-look .
As a member of this team, your work will have a direct, measurable Netflix consumer impact.
- Architect and design REST based services that can scale upwards of 200,000 RPS
- Lead and implement solutions for new product features that can scale with our rapid growth and international expansion
- Collaborate with various engineering teams across the company including those that work our cloud platform: netflix.github.com
- 8+ years of server-side software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming, preferably in (but not restricted to) Java
- Solid expertise in building highly scalable, distributed services (preferably REST based)
- Deep knowledge of concurrency (preferably in Java), resiliency, caching, HTTP and REST
- NoSQL experience is a plus
- Some cloud infrastructure knowledge is a plus
For more relevant articles on our technology and innovation, check out techblog.netflix.com
Netflix - 20 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...