The Content Collection Services team is currently seeking a talented person to fill the role of Senior Software Engineer within the CallStreet business unit. CallStreet produces event calendar data and corporate event transcripts for consumption by the investment community. The position will be based at our 90 Park Avenue, mid-town Manhattan office.
The key areas of responsibility include:
Job Requirements :
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers, both onsite and offshore
- Make technology and feature recommendations
- Help gather user requirements, create project estimates and schedules.
- Design and development of applications using C#/.NET and SQL Server relational database
- Creation of web applications in ASP.NET (C#)
- Maintenance and expansion of transcription and data gathering efforts
- Improve performance, functionality, scalability, and maintainability of existing systems
- Work with developers and operational staff to identify and prioritize end-user requirements
FactSet Research System is a major supplier of online integrated financial and economic information to the investment management and banking industries. The Company was formed in 1978 and now conducts operations from twenty locations worldwide. For analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers and other financial professionals, FactSet is a comprehensive, one-stop source of financial information and analytics. FactSet, with over $727 million in annual revenues, is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs over 5000 people worldwide. Since 1996, the Company has been publicly traded on both the New York Stock, and Nasdaq Stock Exchanges under the symbol FDS. To find out more about the opportunities FactSet has to offer you, please visit us at http://www.factset.com/careers . FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
- Experience working with all phases of modern SDLC methodologies, including Agile
- Current experience in a Senior/Lead role of a software engineering team of at least 3 direct reports
- Current experience in a Senior/Lead role of a virtual, distributed software engineering team.
- Object oriented programming in C#/.NET (6+ years)
- Relational database design and development
- Hands-on ability to work independently and produce reliable code
- Proficiency in Visual Studio & Source Control Management Systems Familiarity with any of the following technology areas is a plus:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000-2008
- Web application design and development (HTML, XML, VBScript, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, IIS)
- Microsoft .NET Framework (WCF, WPF)
- Regular expressions
- XML, XSD, SOAP
- Communications Programming
- Experience building business-critical information systems.
FactSet Research Systems - 15 months ago
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers...