Vertica, an HP company, seeks Software Engineers in Cambridge, MA to expand the data management capabilities of the company’s flagship large scale, high performance, distributed MPP database.
In this unique role you will work with a very talented team, solving challenging problems that are crucial to the scale and performance of the Vertica Analytic Database. You will help define and implement features and algorithms that organize database storage to improve resource utilization and performance while allowing concurrent modification. You will be at the technological forefront, developing storage functionality for our enterprise class product that operates on terabytes and even petabytes of data.
Education and/or Training (choose one, we have multiple openings):
- Design, develop and implement storage techniques to improve performance, reduce storage footprint and optimize bandwidth.
- Profile and tune the code to optimize performance and ensure scalability of the product.
- Gather and determine requirements for new features.
- Provide guidance to junior team members.
- Develop and document intellectual property.
Knowledge and Experience (required):
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related academic field.
- PhD, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related academic field.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field plus several years of progressive experience in a similar position
Knowledge and Experience (bonus):
- Ability to deliver prodigious amounts of extremely high quality code (“get stuff done”)
- Systems integration experience
- C++, high performance, multi-threading
- Distributed computing, esp. Fault Tolerance techniques
- Experience with “Big Data” management techniques
- Database internals
- File System internals
Vertica - 2 years ago
Vertica Ltd, London based Industrial Rope Access & Height Safety Specialists, offer a broad range of rope access system installations....