Senior Software Engineer – Server-Side Application Development
Zoosk is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for creating and maintaining multiple back-end systems that serve data and provide business logic to our many client applications through a REST-based API. Your server-side code will provide access to critical functions for Zoosk client applications, including authentication, user activity controls, messaging, search, social graph, user profile management, payments, caching and photos. This is the critical middle tier of the Zoosk infrastructure. Your efforts will help Zoosk continue to impact the lives of our millions of users across the world.
- Design, code and maintain software libraries that drive our API, providing access to data, caching, job scheduling, business logic and messaging systems
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for development projects
- Own significant portions of the codebase and monitor their performance in production systems
- Identify opportunities to improve Zoosk software infrastructure. Research technologies, produce proof of concepts and integrate into production systems.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years experience building scalable, data-driven software systems
- Solid experience with relational databases, handling data sets of millions of rows
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns
- Experience writing and maintaining code in both an interpreted language (Ruby, PHP, Python, etc.) and a complied language (Java, C++, .NET, etc.)
- Experience working on a LAMP stack is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to research new technologies and integrate into existing infrastructure to generate developer efficiencies or performance improvements
- Previous start-up experience is a plus
Zoosk is the romantic social network with millions of singles from around the globe using the service each month. Zoosk provides a fun and social online dating experience that users can easily access from Zoosk's website, social networking applications, mobile devices, and downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has subscribers in more than 70 countries. The service enables users to join, browse, and send a limited number of messages for free. Zoosk users can upgrade to a premium subscription for full access or purchase virtual currency to buy select features and virtual gifts. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, the company is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.
Zoosk is the single fastest growing romantic social network on the web and our supersonic performance was celebrated in the 2011 Digital 100: The World's Most Valuable Startups and 2 years in a row in the Wall Street Journal’s The Next Big Thing 2010/11: The Top 50 Venture-Funded Companies
Zoosk’s mission is to empower everyone to lead a more fulfilling love life. Zoosk is a leading online dating company that...