We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to provide senior-level contribution to the Miu development team which is part of the Capital Markets Group. Miu is a portfolio management platform developed for the purpose of assessing risk associated with insurance-linked securities such as catastrophe bonds, industry loss warranties, excess mortality bonds, swaps or reinsurance contracts. It is used by investors around the globe to apply sophisticated portfolio management practices within this asset class. The original Miu application is developed as a desktop application and we are looking to re-engineer it as a cloud-hosted application utilizing the elastic compute resource.
This is a hands-on development position for an experienced and well-rounded developer with an opportunity to play a key role in designing and developing the future of Miu, as well as participating in all aspects of an iterative software development process. We need you to work closely with our product management team and bring your technical and software experience to help solve critical business functions. You will be working on the entire stack of the application ranging from user interface, services and data storage. If you find yourself working on a technology silo, but is very interested to work on end-to-end product, this is the opportunity for you.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Collaborate with team members to develop application infrastructure components, following coding, documentation and design standards
- Understand how existing code works and functions. Clearly articulate the potential improvements and proposes new design.
- Participate in requirements gathering to be able to effectively construct technical design and documentation. Deliver proof of concept work easily-incorporated into a production codebase
- Evaluate and propose technical solutions. You need to be comfortable with open source community with no hesitation to adopt and extend open source libraries.
- We rely on you to be up to date with latest technologies both front-end and backend. Quick and eagerness to learning should be your second nature. The hunger to learning new technologies in related areas should be churning within you! This position requires the candidate to demonstrate strong technical competency, be a subject matter expert and a hands-on technical contributor.
- Expertise in more than one development platform, preferably Java and C# with at least 3-5 years of programming experience and track record of on-time delivery of your work.
- Experience developing cloud-based solutions, especially on AWS.
- Experience in stored procedures and query optimization in SQL Server.
- Familiar with dynamic language (Ruby) and functional programming (Scala).
- Understand parallel computation. Experience in thread and context programming. Know the trade-off between Hadoop, Storm and Akka.
- Understands a wide variety of back end data stores and know when, why, and how to use relational database (SQL Server), NOSQL (MongoDB and Redis), and custom stores (HDFS files).
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining RESTful web services. Understand the trade-off between SOAP and REST along with HTTP verbs and Hypermedia.
- Strong background on Design Patterns.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner.
- Strong agile engineering discipline: you drank the cool-aid of TDD, CI, automated tests, and non-solo development.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong mathematical skills in algorithmic computations, statistics and probability.
- Understanding of the intricacies of AWS and understand how to build a cloud provider agnostic solution.
- Experience on web application framework such as RoR and ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience on web performance optimization.
Risk Management Solutions - 11 months ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...