Senior Software Engineers (Ruby on Rails, Python and/or Java)
What You'll Be Doing...
As a member of the core engineering team you will:
in a team oriented, exciting, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Design and develop
applications with consumer and business targeted audiences
- Cultivate and champion
the product, user experience, and elegant architecture
with technologies including: clojure, node, and whatever else strikes your fancy!
- Build fun (required)
and useful (optional) plugins for our campfire bot
- 3+ years of experience developing in
- Experience in designing and building web applications
- Enjoy whiteboarding data models, user interfaces, and workflows with others
- A good eye for intuitive UI and UX
- Comfortable working in Git and Unix / Mac OS X
Hopefully you have experience with the following (if not, don't worry you'll pick it up quickly)
and writing automated tests
(test:: unit, shoulda, rspec, or similar)
- Data modeling and performance optimization
- We love
(some of us are drawn to Clojure too)
- Whiteboarding on the walls
- Pair program on the hard stuff, but not on everything (phew, that'd be exhausting!)
- Set aside time to try new technologies and build fun (or funny) things
- Are pragmatic, curious, collaborative, iterative, and fun
- Work with many technologies including:
Ruby, Rails, Python, MySQL, iOS, jQuery, CoffeeScript, Backbone, HAML, SASS
Are you an active contributor to open source software? We love to see your work - send us a link to your GitHub projects.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Rafter - 8 months ago