Scientific Technologies Corporation is looking for a qualified individual who is seeking a challenging and rewarding development environment creating and supporting state of the art IT systems for public health. The individual must have the ability to multi-task, be creative, innovative, flexible and organized.
The individual must possess a strong relevant background in both presentation and middle tier programming technologies and is prepared to be involved in all facets of development, testing, deployment and support.
Candidates demonstrate excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a high-energy, goal-oriented team environment. Important skills also include: attention to detail, understanding of source control procedures, and a grasp of user interface concepts / issues.
As a team member of STC, you have access to a terrific benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, AD&D, life insurance, and 401K with profit sharing potential. For more information on STC, visit our web site www.stchome.com.
- Effectively use multiple web technologies
- Minimize development iterations/builds by targeting high risk areas of the system.
- Contribute to the ground up building of web based public health solutions utilizing MS Visual Studio applications.
- Provide time lines, estimates, and status for design and development artifacts and project milestones.
- Support the quality effort by attending the defect triage meetings to review and prioritize known defects, and supports the quality effort by addressing defects prudently.
- Contribute to production deployment plans (e.g. patch management) and complete post-deployment testing.
- Responsible for requirements analysis, design, development, and testing applications.
- Troubleshoot and fix existing bugs in existing application when needed.
- Research new technologies focusing on current and future deployment opportunities
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience in commercial software development environment.
- Experience reporting development status.
- Must have familiarity with recent versions of Microsoft.NET server products (e.g. Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server, IIS).
- Experience using defect management tools.
- Knowledge of client-server, web-based, and service/API-based architectures.
- Experience automating test scripts in a .NET environment.
- Hands-on programming experience: Microsoft .Net, C#, SOAP and REST, Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft .NET Framework; Microsoft SQL, XML, XSLT, HTML, DHTML, CSS, and AJAX, SSL Certificates
- Working knowledge in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Indeed - 4 months ago