AIR's growing Software Development Group delivers enterprise-grade products which provide customers in insurance, reinsurance, and financial industries with data and analytics used for assessment and management of risk from natural and man-made catastrophes. To learn more about AIR, please, go to our web site at www.air-worldwide.com .
You will join specialized team that has ownership of core analytical module underlying AIR products and services. In this position, utilizing the latest Microsoft technologies and development platform, you will contribute to perfecting the existing as well as developing AIR’s next generation modeling framework with central emphasis on high performance and scalability.
- Enhance functional capabilities, performance, and robustness of the existing system
- Contribute to development of next-generation HPC-based analytical framework, algorithms, and tooling (using C++, C#, SQL, and CUDA)
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries and software defects
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Minimum 6 years in commercial-grade software development, specializing in backend business logic, frameworks, scalability and performance aspects of the system
- Minimum 3 years developing Windows applications using C++
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Must have the following technical expertise
- Object/Component-oriented design and programming
- Fluency in C++ and usage of Microsoft Development platform libraries and tools
- SQL Server ™ , programming with T-SQL and Microsoft data access technologies
- Knowledge of code analysis and performance-tuning tools
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus
- .NET Framework, C#
- Multi-threading on Windows platform
- Background in math, high-performance distributed and parallel computing
AIR a Verisk Family Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.S. in CS. M.S. Preferred
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...