Location: Sunnyvale or San Francisco, CA|
Riverbed and Akamai has recently partnered to fullyintegrate the Akamai network with Riverbed WAN optimization products. Akamaiwill install Riverbed's Steelhead appliances into its points of presence (POPs)so that enterprise customers will be able to apply Riverbed WAN optimization toany cloud service--even one from a service provider that isn't a Riverbed orAkamai customer.Riverbed Technology is looking for Software Engineers to work on new Cloud Steelhead product, which optimizes access to cloud services like IaaS and SaaS to make these services faster for the end user.
Companies these days are moving to cloud services to take advantage of their elasticity and scalability. However, by moving servers and applications outside of their premises, these companies are faced with bandwidth and latency issues, which make their applications very slow. This problem is already addressed for enterprise networks by Riverbed Technology’s Steelhead product. Riverbed Technology is now working on solving this problem for cloud services, and is looking for engineers to take on this new challenge.
Riverbed Technology is looking for individuals with at least a BS or MS degree and a passion for programming. This is a mid to senior level role within a small engineering team. You need to be self-motivated, learn new things independently.
The requirements for the position are:
- Strong C/C++ programming skills. Preferably minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience developing new code.
- Knowledge of socket programming and multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of unix/linux operating systems and memory management
- Experience in performance analysis and optimization
- Experience with distributed systems and high-availability
- Experience with Linux kernel programming
- Experience with TCP/IP stack (Linux is preferable)
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Familiar with routers, switches, NAT devices, proxies, firewalls
- Strong debugging skills and ability to analyze packet captures/traces
- Self driven
-Good communication skills
Riverbed is proud to be an EEO/ADA employer
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 19 months ago