The algorithms our science team produces are at the core of our product. We value big ideas and a results oriented approach. Our goal is to create an environment focused on continuous improvement and we try to release improvements daily. People in this role are expected to work as a software engineer and as a quantitative researcher to build the best possible products, often working on problems and data unique to Klout. This is definitely where no one has gone before so it°s exciting and challenging and yes, trailblazing. |
Here°s what you need to have:
- Research and analyze social networks to measure their impact and relevance (influence) to enhance marketing opportunities.
- Use highly complex Machine Learning Techniques and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to build models and systems in social media space, and to analyze content of social media messages.
- Research social media platform APIs (Application Program Interfaces) to analyze available data and apply Large Scale Data Analysis and other analytics to measure key features in social media space.
- Research and develop product prototypes and implement production quality systems in Java.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
Here°s what to expect:
- Master°s in Computer Science
- 6+ yrs combined experience and/or additional grad level study in CS
- Strong coding and development skills
- NLP, Machine Learning
- Data Mining, Large Scale Data Analysis
- Experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Social Media Data Analysis
- Klout Score of 10 or higher
Klout began with a very simple idea: Everyone has influence —the ability to drive action. Klout built on this idea to show anyone how he or she can influence the world and its future.
- Competitive pay, 100% paid health premium benefits and 50% dependent premium
- 401k plan
- Stock options
- 3 weeks vacation
- Catered lunches, snacks, drinks
- Passionate people building great products
- A fun environment where people get the job done
- Appreciation of exceptional science and engineering
- Doing something no one has ever done before
Klout was founded in 2008 to empower everyone to unlock their influence. We come to work every day inspired to help people understand the power of their voices and democratize influence.
Klout is a privately held company based in San Francisco, Calif. We ’re a growing startup backed by Kleiner Perkins, among others.
Klout - 2 years ago