The Data Store team is a diverse group of engineers who build out and manage the infrastructure supplying data to user facing applications. Senior Software Engineers design, implement and maintain scalable storage solutions that service near real-time analytical queries. This involves a variety of skills including data modeling, object oriented design and performance optimization. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining our core middleware components, which include a RESTful data distribution service, data warehouse, and system management components amongst other things.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with the Data Store team to extend the core functionality of existing systems and serve a major contributor to defining and delivering our next generation infrastructure.
- Write high quality code that supports both existing and future functionality.
- Develop new systems and platforms that support the core business.
- Collaborate with tech leads to design robust, scalable and fault tolerant systems.
- Work with QA and engineering leads to ensure smooth, bug free releases.
About my client:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Proficiency in a modern development platform
- Strong knowledge and experience with one or more relational databases: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server
- Knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals: star schema, denormalization, etc.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Understanding of a server side web application programming language (Java/Python/Ruby) and a willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Startup experience a plus
My client develops the leading mobile customer intelligence solution, this helps thousands of businesses worldwide to maximize customer value and make smarter business decisions. Their platform has been built from the ground up to harness deep data pattern visualization and analysis that provides mobile developers and marketers with valuable, actionable insights. Armed with this data, and combined with their team of data scientists, their clients have the power to measure and optimize their user acquisition efforts and build better customer experiences. They provide analytics to more than 1,000 applications, measures over 200 million monthly active users and processes in excess of 100 billion events each month. Founded in 2007, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Toronto and London.
GreenFoot Technologies - 14 months ago