Senior Front End Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Our company provides award-winning security to protect your mobile phone from viruses, malware and spyware, the ability to backup and restore your data, and tools to help locate lost or stolen phones. Our unique cross-platform, cloud-connected applications are designed to be lightweight and efficient while delivering the best protection possible.
In this position you’ll be able to work on a wide range of interesting problems from helping to shape the APIs we use on our large scale backend system, to building mobile web applications for our 25 million delighted users (and growing). You’ll be able to work across a range of technologies from both the mobile and desktop aspects.
- Design and develop modern web applications for multiple mobile and desktop devices with special attention to responsive design, and varying screen resolution and sizes.
- Collaborate with the design team to implement clean, elegant user experiences
- Work on the development team to display content using HTML5
- Iterate, iterate, iterate
- Write clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, source control, design patterns, etc.)
- Participate in continuous deployment using tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Mentor junior engineers
Nice to Have’s
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years professional software engineering experience
- Strong software design and coding ability
- A serious appreciation of web standard such as semantic web, progressive enhancement, and graceful degradation
- Ability to write reusable and responsive CSS
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in full-stack development
- Great design aesthetic
- Ability to quickly learn a wide range of languages and tools such as Rails, Django, Ruby, MySQL, jQuery, SASS, HAML, Client-side MVC frameworks.
RockIT Recruiting - 10 months ago