Start-up company, funded by a mature, stable company seeks to build out a world-class team in Cambridge, MA. This team will be responsible for creating a new web platform that leverages the power and performance of modern web browsers to make a difference in people's lives every day. This is not just a fun, novel app. This technology will truly enhance the lives of millions. You will be making a difference in people's lives by what you build.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering the front-end architecture of our web platform. Are you an architect and developer with creativity and technical chops to dream it and build it with a focus on both innovation and reliability? You can't be afraid to try new things that will deliver exponential results rather than incremental ones. You will work closely with the VP of Engineering and Architect to guide the front-end architecture and design.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of the similarities and differences between modern browsers (IE 8+, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on Windows and OS X)
- Undergraduate degree in technical field or comparable work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience in web development for high transaction web sites
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with jQuery and/or Flash
- Previous team lead experience
- Familiarity with command-line operations in Linux
- Java (J2EE, web services) back-end software development experience
- Agile and test driven development experience
- Experience or understanding of responsive design
- Browser extension development
A start-up backed by a stable, mature company with a solid 20 year history. Seeking to grow quickly and to have the opportunity to join at the ground-level where you will be able to influence platform/products from the beginning. The perks of a large company like 100% paid family medical insurance, 401K and flexible work environment/schedule, while giving you the exciting perks of working for a start-up.